Friday, December 19, 2008

Sharing what I learn about finance.


Last May I had the opportunity to graduate from the John M Huntsman School of Business at Utah State with degrees in Finance and Economics. I decided I wanted to share some of the things that I learn about finance. By no means am I saying that I am an expert in personal finance, but I do believe that I will better learn and apply these things after sharing them with others. Feel free to comment on the topics that I post about.

Although it may sound weird, I took a few notes from my commencement exercise and business convocation. Let me share some main points from James Quigley and L. Tom Perry.
First James Quigley taught the following main points:
1. Respect others.
2. Opportunity instead of entitlement (I love this because when we seek to take advantage of opportunities we succeed in more ways than we would if we just think we are entitled to things).
3. Lifelong learning

L Tom Perry taught the following main points:
1. Practice integrity so others can trust you.
2. Reap what you sow.
3. Look people in the eye to communicate with them.
4. Develop friendships-show interests in the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment