Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rewards

I recently ordered some gift cards with some rewards from by credit card at the local credit union. This reminded me of when I realized that I was using my credit card for normal purchases anyway. Why not take advantage of rewards that were offered through the credit union anyway. All I had to do was opt in to the rewards program. Now we have reaped many free meals with the gift cards to restaurants we would not get to as often.
Now there are many different programs out there that offer nice perks. This should't mean we need to go out of our way to spend, spend, spend just to get rewards. Taking advantage of the rewards programs that are in place for things we do anyway is a no brainer. We didn't change our way of life at all to get set up on the rewards at that credit union. Setting up an account at another credit union so we could take advantage of a nice interest bearing checking account is another example of getting rewards for doing what you do anyway. No matter what program you choose, just keep in mind that businesses do reward customers for doing what they already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment